7.13.2009

Dill-Cucumber Salad



This week, I received a huge amount of dill from the farm. When I was brainstorming for recipe ideas, my mind flashed back to a cucumber salad Tommy’s grandmother (hi grandma!) made a few years back. I dug through my piles of recipes and came across the card I had diligently written out at the time. The original recipe called for soup cream, which I swapped with low fat yogurt with excellent results. It is light, full of flavor and a perfect accompaniment to sandwiches or these burgers.



Dill-Cucumber Salad
serves 4

1/2 c low-fat plain yogurt
3 T cider vinegar
2 T chopped dill
2 t salt
1 t sugar
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium cucumbers, sliced thin (seedless, if available)
1 small onion, sliced thin, then roughly chopped

In a bowl, combine yogurt, vinegar, dill, salt, sugar and garlic. Mix well. Add cucumbers and onion, stirring to coat. Let sit 15 minutes before serving, for flavors to meld.

7 comments:

Amanda Nicole said...

This looks - and sounds - wonderful. I'm definitely going to try this out!

foodcreate said...

Gorgeous~ I'm going to try this wonderful Recipe!

Thanks for sharing :)

Welcome~~~
http://foodcreate.com
Join Post your comments

Have a wonderful Day :)

Bri said...

I don't even like cucumbers, but this looks really delicious (and I love the colors)

Pretty Neat Designs said...

My grandma used to make a cucumber salad too, I can't wait to try this recipe with dill!

eatme_delicious said...

This looks really fresh and delicious!

Simple Daisy said...

Hello there...
Just stumbled onto your blog!
L.O.V.E. it!!! I love fresh food and am always coming up with some new concoction! I'll definatley be checking your site for inspiration!!!

Unknown said...

looks amazing as usual!!