2.28.2009

Papaya-Lime Sorbet



I must admit, I am not much of a baked goods person. I can easily pass up a slice of cake or a cookie. Although, I do have a harder time if it’s, let’s say, chocolate cake. But after a good meal, I really crave something lighter.



Take sorbet for instance, it has all the necessities of a perfect dessert in my book—sweet, fruity and light. And I’ve decided that I can make sorbet with just about any fruit. But it just so happens today that papaya is in season. So papaya it is.



Papaya-Lime Sorbet
serves 6

1 large papaya
the juice of 5 limes
5 T agave nectar



Peel papaya and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out inside seeds and discard. Cube papaya and measure out 7 cups. Combine papaya, lime juice and agave nectar in a food processor. Blend until well combined, about 3 minutes. Pour mixture into a 9" square baking dish or large glass bowl. Freeze 4-6 hours (or overnight). Scoop sorbet back into the food processor and blend again (If the sorbet is "over-frozen", defrost on counter for 30 minutes). Refreeze 4-6 hours. To serve, scoop with a melon baller, drizzle with a bit of agave nectar and top with lime zest.

3 comments:

Mariss said...

Your photos and recipes are just wonderful! I'm in Holly's class as well, and have been enjoying your blog. Well done :)

Also, I like that you feature some of the recipes by photo in the left hand side of your blog. Very clever.

Unknown said...

Good morning, just want to let you know that I mentioned your blog (and borrowed your picture of limes) in my "lost in thoughts" series today! (http://www.everythinglittlemiss.com/blog)

:)

Kitchen Butterfly said...

I love Pawpaws as we call it in Nigeria and Pawpaw and lime is my favourte