4.14.2009

Classic Guacamole



My friend spent the past three years living in Mexico. And, while she came back to the the States speaking very little Spanish, she did know something much more useful in my book—how to make the perfect guacamole. Just a few ingredients are needed, so be sure to find the freshest vegis and use the avocados when perfectly ripe. You may add additional hot peppers for spice, but I find adding at least one red pepper adds great color. To serve, I drizzle a few tortillas with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and chili powder and broil until golden brown and crunchy.



Classic Guacamole
serves 6-8

3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
the juice of 2 limes
1 t salt
1 T chopped cilantro
1 hot red pepper, minced

In a medium bowl mash avocados, lime and salt until blended, but slightly chunky. Add cilantro and red pepper and mix well. Transfer to a serving bowl. Enjoy with pitas and fresh cut vegis.

8 comments:

melinda said...

your blog is beautiful!
i am a vegetarian and love trying new recipes.

Rachel B said...

oh my lord that looks good!

Anonymous said...

oh my god. I've just discovered your blog. thank you for your great photos and recipes.
sandy, switzerland

Kaylovesvintage said...

that sounds wonderful

Lady Ann de Borja said...

hi Fresh365, I found you via Holly's blogging course. your recipes look so delicious. I'm going to have to try the guacamole recipe! - lady ann

chloe said...

pretty pictures - though in my humble opinion, cumin is fairly key for guacamole!

fresh365 said...

Hi Choloe, I have not tried cumin in guacamole before, but I will def give it a try- I love cumin!

chloe said...

and i just bought fontina to try with polenta on your suggestion! thanks for your beautiful blog!!