6.17.2009

Baked Brie with Rosemary, Almond & Cherries



My memories of baked brie are tied to times of gathering—the cranberry, pecan and honey version my mom made for Thanksgiving just hours after I became engaged or the jam and pasty-wrapped version my cousin makes for impromptu cookouts at the Cape. But I was feeling a bit too healthy from all the greens, so baked brie for dinner it was. It has fruit, right? And seasonal fruit at that! And honestly how can you turn down something literally oozing with this must goodness? The human mind is not capable of such will power. At least mine is not.



Baked Brie with Rosemary, Almond & Cherries
serves 4-6 as an appetizer

2 T chopped fresh rosemary
2 T chopped slivered almonds
2 T honey
1 brie cheese round
8 fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
crackers (of your choice)



Preheat oven to 400F. In a small bowl, combine rosemary and almonds. With a pastry brush (or knife), coat the sides of the brie with honey and dip into rosemary-almond mixture, pressing. Place brie on a baking sheet. Brush the top with honey and sprinkle with the remaining herb mixture. Place in oven and bake 20 minutes. Remove brie from oven and top with chopped cherries. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until brie is soft when cut. Serve with crackers.

17 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh yum. Drool. Would it be wrong to make this for dinner?

Lucy C said...

This looks so yummy! Fab photographs as always. Thanks for all the inspiration, even though I probably won't be able to fit into any of my clothes if I keep on trying all these recipes.

Cooking With Dia said...

Wow, once again, great pics! I don't eat cheese anymore, but my friend will love this recipe.

Pretty Neat Designs said...

This looks amazing! I can't wait to make some and taste it!

Dana said...

Oh my god, that looks good - and gorgeous! Perfect for a party. People LOVE brie, especially if it looks fancy like this.

Jacquie said...

Oh my! That looks amazing!

Unknown said...

Oh lord, I'm literally on my way out to my herb garden to gather the rosemary right now.... my husband has here by been ordered to go get brie. Period. -e

Michelle @ Find Your Balance said...

I hardly eat cheese but THIS would be a good reason to go to town on some brie. Wowzers.

the Eclective said...

I love brie. That looks like a really great combination! Wow as always.

escapade said...

This recipe has made me want to have a party, my family always had a baked cranberry brie during the holidays. This looks delicious!

Corrinne said...

Wow! This looks Amazing! And your photos are gorgeous. I work with Alouette and our baby brie wedge would work wonderful with this recipe. I will be sharing!

fresh365 said...

jenelisebeth- I made it for dinner, if that helps!

Emily- Hope it turned out great!

Sprouted Kitchen said...

such a great post! I LOVE this! It's a perfect summer entertaining ball of goodness, love it!

Estelle Hayes said...

Yum. This sounds and looks amazing. Can't wait to try it. Beautiful photography as well.

Unknown said...

This looks so yummy- I made it with goat cheese and it was equally as good!

Anonymous said...

hmmm. looks so yummy.

Melissa A said...

This looks so delicious. I'm going to have to try this one. It looks easy enough.