6.03.2009

Pea, Parmesan & Mint Wonton Ravioli



Ok, one more spring pea recipe. I can’t get enough! You would think this would be sufficient. Or many this. But, no, apparently they are not. So, if you are equally obsessed with fresh peas, this is not one to miss. I just love the color and simplicity of this recipe. It’s a fun take on ravioli and very easy to assemble. And the taste, oooh the taste!



Pea, Parmesan & Mint Wonton Ravioli
adapted from Gourmet . makes apx 15 raviolis

1 c fresh peas (or frozen, if you must)
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese, plus additional for serving
10-15 fresh mint leaves
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
30-40 wonton wrappers
olive oil
black peppercorns (or cracked black pepper)



Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas and cook until just tender, 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. In a food processor combine peas, parmesan, mint, salt and pepper. Pulse until combined, but slightly chunky.

Place a wonton wrapper on a clean, flat surface. Put a tablespoon pea filling in the center of the wrapper. Brush edges of wrapper with water, and place a second wrapper on top, pressing edges to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.

Bring a pot of salted water to a gentle boil. Boil ravioli in 2-3 batches (so they will not stick together), 2 minutes per batch, removing with a slotted spoon. To serve, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and black peppercorns.

13 comments:

melinda said...

yum! love wontons, i'm excited to try these with the mint, what a lovely combination.

Jacquie said...

Sounds divine. Shall have to try this one.

Dana said...

I do SOOO love fresh peas. They are one of my favorite things to eat in the world. I love how this preparation really lets their flavor shine through without masking it. Yum!

Lucy C said...

Peas and mint are always a fantastic combination and these look so yummy! Thanks for sharing

jacqueline said...

Yummie!! They look soo yummie and cute! So happy i found a new way to coo peas! Thank you soo much. :) Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

Michelle @ Find Your Balance said...

What great photos. They sound awesome!

Cori said...

I just stumbled on your blog today and love your recipes and photos! I love peas and parm.

Alana said...

WOW! This looks amazing.

Jackie @ PhamFatale.com said...

Oh it looks so refreshing. I would have never thought of adding mint. I usually add sweet basil. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful for your blog! As a person that is: 1) vegetarian; 2) less than innovative in the kitchen; your blog has been a great resource for me. I appreciate the uniqueness and ease of the recipes that you post. Thank you for doing this! I have and will continue to spread the word.

Uncle Beefy said...

So despite the fact that at this point in my life I have put my vegetarian days behind me, living with a die-hard carnivore leaves me scrambling to come up with some tasty alternatives. This, and the other dishes, sound DE-lightful! Just what the doctor ordered! YUM!

MsGourmet said...

One can never have too many pea recipes and this one is exceptional!

Anonymous said...

Made this for dinner tonight and it was just lovely. Very easy too. Thank you; I love your blog!